New Palermo CEO Pietro Lo Monaco has admitted that the Rosanero will dip into the transfer market in January.
The 57-year-old administrator joined the club last month, as President Maurizio Zamperini has taken a back-seat in proceedings at the club.
And the former Catania man has conceded that the Sicilian team will become 'more competitve' after the winter break.
“There are a lot of names circulating in the papers,” he told Il Giornale di Sicilia. “But the ones I have in my head are not the ones in the Press. All I can say is that Palermo will become more competitive.
“[After January] it will be hard for every team in the League to play Palermo.”
He then went on the comment on the team's 1-1 draw with Genoa last Saturday, saying the side 'lacked aggression'.
“On Saturday we were the better team for at least half an hour,” he said. “We were balanced in possession, and out of it. But we lacked aggression going forward, because we were happy with a point.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!