Torino Stadium

Stadio Grande Torino

AddressVia Filadelfia 96b, 10134 Turin
Capacity27,958
Pitch dimensions105m x 68m
LocationTurin
The stadium was originally built in honour of and named after Benito Mussolini in 1933 and was home to Juventus. After the fall of fascism, it became known as Stadio Comunale. It wasn’t until 1963 that Torino began to play in the same stadium as Juventus. In 1986, the stadium was renamed in honour of Vittorio Pozzo, the Italian national team Coach who led the Azzurri to consecutive World Cup victories in 1934 and 1938.

It was reconstructed for the 2006 Winter Olympics and dubbed the Stadio Olimpico in lieu of the occasion before undergoing an adjustment once more to become a purely football stadium by removing the athletics track. It is now the sole stadium of Torino after Juventus left for its own ground in 2011. An initiative amongst Torino supporters to rename it one final time to Stadio Grande Torino in memory of the revolutionary side from the 1940s was successful in 2016.

Club by Club News

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap