At least one Inter player has appeared in every World Cup final since 1982, with 20 in total featuring in the world’s biggest match.
Argentina will face off against France at the Lusail Stadium today to fight for the World Cup, giving both teams a shot of glory on the most important stage. The only Nerazzurri player featuring in the final in Qatar is striker Lautaro Martinez, who will likely appear off the bench for the Albiceleste.
Since 1982, an Inter player has taken part in every World Cup final, an incredible record that only Bayern Munich can match. Some years saw multiple Nerazzurri players in attendance, whilst others like 2022 only had representative from the club.
Below is the full list of Inter players who’ve taken part in World Cup finals:
- Spain 1982: Bergomi, Oriali, Altobelli, Bordon, Marini.
- Mexico 1986: Rummenigge.
- Italy 1990: Klinsmann, Matthaus, Brehme.
- USA 1994: Berti.
- France 1998: Djorkaeff, Ronaldo.
- Korea-Japan 2002: Ronaldo.
- Germany 2006: Materazzi.
- South Africa 2010: Sneijder.
- Brazil 2014: Palacio, Alvarez.
- Russia 2018: Brozovic, Perisic.
- Qatar 2022: Lautaro.