They had been due to fly out this afternoon to Udine, but one positive test promoted the local health authority (ASL) to order a postponement.
The team will be tested again and could still be given permission to travel via a private plane tomorrow morning, as the kick-off is not until 17.30 GMT (18.30 local time).
“There has now been an additional second positive case within the squad, as well as some members of staff, one of whom has symptoms,” Salernitana director of sport Angelo Fabiani told SeiGranata.
“We are waiting for the orders from the ASL, who stopped us travelling today. We booked a private plane for tomorrow, but we’ll have to wait and see what the ASL say.”
It has been a chaotic couple of weeks for Salernitana, who are also at risk of being thrown out of Serie A after December 31 if they do not find a new buyer.
The club is still technically owned by Claudio Lotito, who also runs Lazio, and the rules forbid one person from owning two clubs in the same division.
Finding a buyer has been extremely difficult and it remains to be seen whether they will be able to bring in anyone over the January transfer window, if they are given a stay of execution to see out the season.
“I cannot have direct dealings with the trustees. We only know what’s happening when we read the official statements,” added director of sport Fabiani.
“In any case, Salernitana have no debts, no fake profits. Last season we finished second in Serie B with a €5m profit and we’ll still be in profit whatever happens this season, even if we are relegated.”