Official: Sunderland drop Santon

by | Jul 8, 2016 18:45

In a sensational twist, Davide Santon will not be joining Sunderland after “talks between the two clubs” broke down.

Sky Sport Italia had said within the last half-hour that Santon was undergoing a medical and his agent whittling down personal terms.

However, this evening Sunderland released a statement declaring the deal was well and truly off.

“Sunderland AFC will not be pursuing its interest in Inter Milan player Davide Santon, after negotiations between the two clubs failed to reach a positive conclusion.”

In a sensational twist, Davide Santon will not be joining Sunderland after “talks between the two clubs” broke down.

Sky Sport Italia had said within the last half-hour that Santon was undergoing a medical and his agent whittling down personal terms.

However, this evening Sunderland released a statement declaring the deal was well and truly off.

“Sunderland AFC will not be pursuing its interest in Inter Milan player Davide Santon, after negotiations between the two clubs failed to reach a positive conclusion.”

Despite the wording of the statement, Sky Sport Italia claim the real problem was between Santon and Sunderland.

It's suggested Santon would have to accept a massive pay cut if the Black Cats were relegated, so he refused.

The former Newcastle United full-back had been heading back to the Premier League.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Club by Club News

 NEWS

RELATED POSTS
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap