Napoli club medic Raffaele Canonico commented on the injury crisis at the Partenopei, revealing Lorenzo Insigne and Fabian Ruiz will not play against La Dea on Saturday.
The Azzurri have been hit by a ‘storm’, as Luciano Spalletti said in the press conference today and are currently without several key players due to injuries, suspensions and coronavirus.
Club medic Canonico spoke to Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli about the situation at the club and started with Kalidou Koulibaly, who has been ruled out until 2022.
“He’s fine, but he will need five weeks to get back,” Canonico said. “There may be longer or shorter times for such an injury.
“It’s unthinkable to see him back against Milan, he will probably recover for the game against Juventus, he has already started his rehabilitation.”
Fabian Ruiz and Insigne are not expected to play when Atalanta visit the Stadio Diego Maradona tomorrow, but Canonico ruled out any serious injuries on the key duo.
“They are just tired, not injured, but I think it’s out of the question to see them on the pitch tomorrow,” he said. “It takes 48 to 60 hours to recover from a match, the schedule is tight and there’s no time to recover.”
Zambo Anguissa has been out since the match against Inter and the medic revealed he could return against Empoli on December 12.
“He’s doing personalised work, maybe he will be back for the match against Empoli,” Canonico continued. “We don’t push it, but we evaluate the physical responses to understand when they return, in addition to the clinical responses.”
Victor Osimhen had to undergo surgery after the clash of heads with Inter defender Milan Skriniar and required ‘six plaques and 18 screws’ to repair the ‘devastating’ damage to his face.
Canonico claimed he’s responding well to the treatment so far and will be re-evaluated next week.
“The post operation is going well; he is training from home. From next week he will be back on the pitch and we will do new scans to monitor the calcification of the fractures.”