Milan and Inter: What they need to win the Scudetto

by | May 15, 2022 22:21

Milan need one point against Sassuolo to be sure of the Serie A title, as they have a superior head-to-head record with Inter.

The Scudetto goes down to the wire and will only be decided on the final day of the season.

That is because the gap remains two points at the top, with Milan on 83 points and Inter 81.

If two sides finish level on points, they are separated in Serie A by their head-to-head record.

That is in favour of Milan, who picked up a draw and a 2-1 victory in the Derby della Madonnina this season.

So Inter need to beat Sampdoria and hope Milan lose in their trip to Sassuolo.

Both Samp and Sassuolo have nothing more to play for, as the Blucerchiati saw their Serie A safety guaranteed this evening thanks to Inter’s victory away to Cagliari.

Those two games will be scheduled simultaneously to ensure neither side can gain an advantage by knowing the other result.

The exact dates and kick-off times have not yet been confirmed.

11 Comments

  1. Ali

    what ever happened to goal difference? whats the point in having that stat if it wont count LOL

  2. Tom

    Thats the next in line after H2H.

  3. nyr2k2

    All you could ask for if you’re Milan–controlling your own destiny on the final weekend.

  4. Ardhi Adhary Arbain

    Draw? No, thank you. Milan will win the last match as well.

  5. Yepe

    Tes

  6. Sunny

    Milan have 95% chance to win it. I’m in the rest 5%.

  7. Vik

    @sunny

    Don’t jinx it.. it’s def not 95% sure Milan will get their point

  8. OB

    As long as they don’t go out there and play for a draw. That will give Sas the upper hand.

  9. R. Bonora

    Yeah like their first game in Milan against SAS where they lost 3-1. The game is never over, until it’s over! LOL

  10. R. Bonora

    The Premier League and other leagues have goal difference as the deciding factor. Serie A is always different and then when it comes to world cup or champions league time they are always at home. Eriksen could not play in Italy with a pace maker, but can play, at a top level in the quicker Premier League. The Lega Calcio better wake up as they are a laughing stock around the world.

  11. Boniface

    Is not true .is the same in premier league

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Club by Club News

 NEWS

RELATED POSTS