Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol claims Inter would consider ‘very very carefully’ an offer in the region of €100-120m for the Belgian striker.
The Nerazzurri must balance the books due to the impact of the COVID pandemic and, for this reason, have already sold Achraf Hakimi to PSG for €71m.
🗣 "Chelsea are offering serious money, but at the moment it's not serious enough."
Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol says Chelsea are 'determined' to re-sign striker Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan this summer after having two bids rejected by the Serie A champions 👇 pic.twitter.com/ntcKobBKgi
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) August 3, 2021
Both Beppe Marotta and Simone Inzaghi had claimed Inter were not planning to sell another one of their stars, but according to multiple reports, they could change their mind if the Blues offer €120m to sign Lukaku.
The first official bid was €100M + Marcos Alonso and it was rejected by Inter.
If the next #Chelsea's offer for #Lukaku will be around €120m + Marcos Alonso could be different and it would be very difficult for Inter to say no. Lukaku has not yet said no. @SkySport #Transfers
— Angelo Mangiante (@angelomangiante) August 3, 2021
Sky Sport Italia correspondent Angelo Mangiante says Lukaku hasn’t rejected a return to Stamford Bridge ten years after his move from Anderlecht.
Lukaku’s motivating factor for a return to Stamford Bridge would not be money, but the desire to win the biggest trophies in the game.
Inter have so far rejected two offers for the former Manchester United man.
The last one was worth €100m plus full-back Marcos Alonso who is believed to be a target for the Nerazzurri.