Lautaro Martinez rejected new Inter contract

by | Jun 9, 2021 19:07

Lautaro Martinez’s agent confirms he has rejected the latest Inter contract extension offer. ‘We told them that for now we’re happy as we are.’

The current deal expires in June 2023, so naturally the Nerazzurri are eager to either get an extension to lock down their valuable talent, or bring in as much money as possible from his sale.

There is a release clause in his contract for €111m, although it’s believed Inter would let him go for €90m.

“That’s far too much,” agent Alejandro Camano told Catalan newspaper Sport.

“Everyone has their price, and although Inter aren’t talking about a sale, we need to see as the transfer window goes on what the situation at the club is.

“They did offer us a renewal, but we told them that for now we’re happy as we are.”

The Argentina international had been very close to joining Barcelona last summer before the negotiations collapsed.

“Who wouldn’t like to play for Barcelona? It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world,” continued the representative.

“We’re relaxed, we need to resolve the situation with Inter first, but obviously he’d like that. Nobody from Barcelona has called me, so we’re not thinking about it.

“The player is ready for any challenge, he cannot be ignored and is prepared to take on any responsibility. I don’t know what happened last year, as I was told his former agent had spoken to Barca, but the situation was rather confused.

“What we have to do now is understand Inter’s project and listen to the offers that are coming in. We’re happy as we are, then we’ll see.”

0 Comments

Club by Club News

 NEWS

RELATED POSTS
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap