Isco’s father Paco Alarcón confirms he hasn’t had contacts with Fiorentina, so rumours linking his son with a move to the Artemio Franchi are ‘not true.’
Last week, La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that the Tuscans are interested in signing the Real Madrid outcast in January or as a free agent at the end of the season.
However, La Viola’s director Daniele Pradé ruled out a move for the 29-year-old yesterday.
“We heard a lot of rumours about Isco, but we don’t even know who his agents are. He’s a very talented player, but we are not interested in him,” the Fiorentina director said.
Isco’s agent is his father Paco Alarcón, who discussed his son’s situation in an interview with FirenzeViola.
“We haven’t had contact with Fiorentina,” he said. “The news of their interest is not true.”
Isco has been struggling with playing time under Carlo Ancelotti this season.
The Spaniard has only played 195 minutes across all competitions this season and failed to find the net in 30 appearances in 2021-22.
Isco scored his last La Liga goal with Real Madrid before the COVID pandemic. The last time he found the net was in a 4-1 win over Osasuna on February 9, 2020.
PADRE-AGENTE ISCO A FV: "NESSUN CONTATTO CON LA FIORENTINA, NOTIZIA FALSA" https://t.co/4PjJ4eKkFx
— Firenzeviola.it (@firenzeviola_it) January 10, 2022