The Lazio star scored from the penalty spot to take his season goal tally to 27, one ahead of Benzema, who found the back of the net on Real Madrid’s day of celebrations. Things have been a little more difficult for Vlahovic following his move from Fiorentina in the January transfer window, and now he risks slipping down the ladder.
Immobile’s 54 points puts him second, far behind leader Robert Lewandowski, who has 68 points; He’s netted an incredible 34 Bundesliga goals this campaign. Benzema sits third with 52 points, just behind the Lazio star.
Vlahovic is down in sixth, having picked up 46 points as a result of his 23 league goals. He sits just behind Kylian Mbappe, who has scored one more time, and just ahead of Mohamed Salah, who has scored one less.
Below is the full top 10 in the European Golden Shoe rankings:
1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) 68
2. Ciro Immobile (Lazio) 54
3. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) 52
4. Ohi Omoijuanfo (Red Star/Molde) 49.5
5. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) 48
6. Dusan Vlahovic (Juventus/Fiorentina) 46
7. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) 44
8. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) 42
8. Patrik Schick (Bayer Leverkusen) 42
8. Martin Terrier (Rennes) 42
8. Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco) 42
— TuttoAtalanta.com (@tuttoatalanta) May 2, 2022