Stadio Luigi Ferraris
AddressCorso A De Stefanis, 16139 Genoa
Pitch dimensions105m x 68m
Built in 1911, the Stadio Luigi Ferraris is one of Italy’s oldest stadiums. Sampdoria share the ground with Genoa who regard the arena as theirs – in fact many locals still refer to it as “U Campu du Zena” which means Genoa’s pitch in Ligurian dialect.
The Luigi Ferraris – also known as Marassi after the district it’s in – was redeveloped for the 1990 World Cup and its square red structure makes it one of Italy’s most recognisable stadiums.
Located near the city centre, it’s easy to reach on foot or on a special stadium bus which departs from either of the city’s main railway stations Principe or Brignole.