Fiorentina director Joe Barone outright demanded Dusan Vlahovic ‘speak publicly’ about his status, while assuring he could sell in January for €90m, but ‘no offer has arrived.’
The Coppa Italia Round of 16 clash with Napoli kicks off at 17.00 GMT.
“There is talk about Dusan Vlahovic every day now. We just want to talk about the squad. We’ve already said so much about him, we expect a response from him and his entourage on what the future holds,” Barone told Sport Mediaset.
“We have our plans and we are activating those immediately.”
Barone was asked if the reported huge commissions, fees and demands from Vlahovic’s agents reported in the newspapers are accurate.
“I can only talk about what we discussed. Obviously, when last time Rocco Commisso was here, the figures were almost doubled, we couldn’t talk about it.
“I had a long conversation with Dusan the other day and I told him we need to understand his path. If he wants to stay at Fiorentina, then sign the contract. If he wants to leave, then say so publicly.
“He can’t string an entire club, city and fanbase along waiting for him. From what I heard, he is not prepared to speak out, so we have to make our decision within the club.”
What does that mean?
“We’ll see. We are here playing a big game, a competition Fiorentina care about because it gives us the opportunity to win a trophy and to qualify for Europe. We need to talk about the game and not just Vlahovic, as that is disrespectful to the rest of the squad and the club.”
Barone was asked if someone offers the €80-90m in January, could Vlahovic be sold mid-season?
“Of course, we are ready to evaluate anything that arrives. So far, no offers have arrived.”
Dušan Vlahović future. Fiorentina CEO Barone: “We expect Dušan to make a decision on his future immediately, we need an answer if he stays or wants to leave”. 🟣 #Vlahovic
“We asked Dušan two days ago to decide and communicate his plan in public immediately”, he told Mediaset. pic.twitter.com/vemgir8t2P
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 13, 2022