Fiorentina President Rocco Commisso admits he is ‘getting irritated’ by Dusan Vlahovic’s contract extension talks. ‘We’re offering €40m over five years.’
The Serbian striker snubbed huge potential transfers over the summer to Atletico Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur and Inter, but his current contract only runs to June 2023.
Negotiations over a renewal have progressed, but only so far, and the situation is beginning to annoy Commisso.
“I don’t know if he’ll sign, let’s all just stay calm,” the Viola President told reporters at an event in Florence.
“We’ve been working on it for months, some days are more positive than others. I speak to Dusan and he says he’s only focusing on the pitch and I should talk to his agents, then I talk to his agents and they say I have to speak to the player.
“His agent should come to Florence, he is the one doing the negotiations. What I will say is that this would be the highest salary ever given to a Fiorentina player, including Gabriel Batistuta and Manuel Rui Costa.”
Milan took a stand against agents demanding huge salaries, letting Gianluigi Donnarumma and Hakan Calhanoglu leave on free transfers, and Commisso can commiserate.
“I told Dusan that he is taking a huge risk not signing this deal. We are offering him a five-year contract worth €40m. I had to work a whole year to earn what he would in two or three days. I don’t know how football reached this stage.”
The Fiorentina President was asked if he was getting irritated by Vlahovic’s reticence.
“A bit, yes. Fiorentina are not just Vlahovic. This is a team and we want to keep concentrated. What else can I do? I would love to have resolved the issue already, but it’s not up to me.”
TMW – Fiorentina, Commisso: “Offerti 40 mln lordi in 5 anni a Vlahovic. Mi sto un po’ infastidendo” https://t.co/VPJfKBuJkJ
— TUTTOmercatoWEB (@TuttoMercatoWeb) September 29, 2021