TORINO NEWS

Juventus got the job done in the first half of their 3-1 victory over Roma, sending them through to the Coppa Italia semi-final against Milan or Torino.
The former Chievo Verona hero Stefano Sorrentino has decided to retire from football at the age of 40.
Serie A handed Brescia star Mario Balotelli a two-match ban and a €10,000 fine after the sending off against Cagliari, whilst eight other players are suspended.
Parma have seemingly made a move for Torino forward Vincenzo Millico, but the Granata responded by asking for Yann Karamoh.
Rafael Toloi has admitted that Atalanta “made a lot of mistakes” against SPAL on Monday and said the Dea will use it “as a warning sign”.
Leonardo Semplici said SPAL “certainly needed a game like this against a great team like Atalanta” after the shock 2-1 victory in Bergamo.
Napoli winger Amin Younes wants to leave the club, with Torino, Sassuolo and Genoa interested, claims Tuttosport.
Davide Massa will officiate the Coppa Italia quarter-final between Napoli and Lazio, while Gianluca Rocchi takes Juventus-Roma.
Join us for all the build-up and action as it happens from today’s three Serie A games, Lazio-Sampdoria, Sassuolo-Torino and Napoli-Fiorentina.
Walter Mazzarri saw a familiar pattern with Torino fumbling a lead to lose 2-1 at Sassuolo. “We should not have fallen away.”
Roberto De Zerbi was above all pleased that Sassuolo defeated Torino with “heart and determination, not just beautiful football.”
Domenico Berardi hopes the comeback to beat Torino 2-1 and end their run of three consecutive defeats will prove a turning point for Sassuolo.
Jeremie Boga was the star man as Sassuolo fought back from a goal down to beat Torino 2-1 with his stunning solo effort and an assist for Domenico Berardi.
Torino boss Walter Mazzarri says that despite being on the same points tally as this time last season, it means more. "Serie A has improved this year, even the smaller sides play with courage."
The changes to the Serie A fixture list have been announced from Week 23 to 30, including Inter-Milan, Lazio-Inter, Juventus-Inter, Milan-Roma, Napoli-Roma and the Turin Derby.
Sassuolo have won their appeal against a two-match Domenico Berardi ban, so he will be available against Torino this weekend.
Sassuolo boss Roberto De Zerbi states the winter break can’t be used as an alibi for their problems. “Last year’s issues are still here in 2020.”
EXCLUSIVE: Sources close to Afriyie Acquah confirm to Football-Italia.net that the Malatyaspor player is in talks with both Lecce and another Italian club.
Krzysztof Piatek scored one and set up another for Samu Castillejo, while Theo Hernandez hit a thunderbolt, as Milan swept SPAL aside 3-0 in the Coppa Italia.
Napoli-Lazio will open the Coppa Italia Quarter-Finals on January 21, with Inter-Fiorentina closing the schedule on January 29.