Carlo Ancelotti confirms the Brazilian FA hasn’t contacted him and he ‘will never say’ that Leo Messi is the best player in history.

The Italian tactician addressed the media at a press conference on Friday, on the eve of Real Madrid‘s La Liga clash against Valladolid tomorrow.

The former Milan and Juventus boss is under contract until 2024 at the Bernabeu but has been linked with the Brazil job after Tite resigned.

“If they [Brazil] are interested, they didn’t call me. If they are [interested], I appreciate it. However, my situation is clear. I will never tell Real Madrid that this adventure will end,” said Ancelotti, as quoted by Marca.

In an interview released earlier this month, Ancelotti had claimed that he’d never leave the Merengues unless he were sacked. The 63-year-old also said in August that he would retire at the end of his spell with the La Liga giants.

The Italian tactician was also asked whether Qatar 2022 was the ‘end of TikiTaka.’

“No, but it’s important to do other things as well. Sometimes you can’t win games only with ball possession, you have to do something different,” he said.

With Leo Messi lifting the World Cup, many are now saying that the Argentinean star is the best player in the game’s history, but Ancelotti doesn’t quite agree.

“It’s hard to tell, I don’t know if he’s the best in history. Every era has very good footballers. I will never say ‘Messi is the best player in history.’ I’ve coached many good footballers. I train Ballon d’Or winners every day, I saw Diego Maradona and Johan Cruijff play.”

One thought on “Ancelotti reveals truth about Brazil rumours and ‘will never say’ Messi is the best ever”
  1. He addressed the media on Friday?

    Today is Thurday (29/12l. The match is scheduled for Saturday (31/12)

    Unless you all know what Carletto is going to say tomorrow. Almost as if this is a pre-made article to fill in space.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tickets Kit Collector