Kevin Prince Boateng says he won’t let racists force him out of Milan. “I want to stay here for some time to come.”
The Ghanaian has been targeted by racist chants and jeers this season, but the versatile midfielder has told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday that he will not quit the Diavolo.
“I’m happy in Milan and I see it as my home,” the 26-year-old stated. “I want to remain for a long time yet.
“I did think about leaving because of the racism and I’d even said ‘that’s enough, I’m going’. But that was down to the frustration and the heat of the moment.
“I’m really saddened that I still see and hear such things happening and you ask yourself why. But I don’t want a change of environment because of four or five idiots.”
Boateng famously walked off the pitch in a friendly against Pro Patria at the start of the year after being abused by a section of supporters. Juventus were then fined for racist chants after Milan’s visit to Turin last week.
“It is not my place to say what punishments should be handed out,” he continued. “The important thing is that the seriousness of it all is understood and that these idiots are stopped.”
Turning to matters on the field of play, the former Portsmouth man is confident that his side will finish the season in third.
“The Champions League without Milan is not the Champions League. You know it and I know it – we’ll take third. There is nothing more to say.”
Third-placed Milan are just one point ahead of Fiorentina with five games left this season.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition  - £5,000 monthly.