Adrian Mutu's agent has confirmed “Juventus and Bologna asked for him, but he remains closest to Cesena.”
The player stormed out of training on Wednesday when he was told that Fiorentina would not allow him a free transfer to Cesena and has since been frozen out by the club.
“Juventus asked me for Mutu, but the team he remains closest to is Cesena,” agent Giovanni Becali told Romanian television.
“Bologna also called me to have news on Mutu. Dinamo Bucharest called Mutu thousands of times; they wanted him on loan for six months to then leave him to Cesena.”
Newspapers today suggested Mutu had been of interest to Juve as a replacement for the injured Fabio Quagliarella, reuniting the ex-Fiorentina partnership that proved so prolific in 2006-07.
“Mutu is 32 years old and will sign the last contract of his career. There has absolutely been no contact between the club and the player. If Fiorentina want to tell us anything, they should say it to our lawyers.
“There is no chance that he will stay in Florence.”
Other sources have reported that Galatasaray are also in negotiations for the Romanian striker.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!