This morning's La Gazzetta dello Sport claims Inter President Massimo Moratti has decided to sack Rafa Benitez after his 'inappropriate' outburst at the weekend.
The tipping point came after Inter's historic win in the Club World Cup Final against Mazembe on Saturday when Benitez dared Moratti to 'back me or sack me'.
He suggested that the Inter President sign three new players in January otherwise it would perhaps be better if they went their separate ways.
Moratti labeled Benitez's comments 'inappropriate' and told reporters that he didn't want to speak about the Coach's future there and then.
It's said that he considers Benitez's comments to be arrogant and any hesitation he showed in sacking him last month has gone.
Moratti also feels vindicated in his decision after testing the water in the dressing room.
Inter's talismanic defender Marco Materazzi put the team's victory in the Club World Cup down to the club and not to Benitez, while another of the dressing room senators, Dejan Stankovic, is unhappy with Benitez's management.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!