Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
Via Piccolomini 5, 20151 Milan
Pitch dimensions
105m x 68m

San Siro is named after the district it is located in and was officially opened in September 1926 with a capacity originally at 35,000. Milan were first to play there with construction financed by tyre millionaire Piero Pirelli.

Inter didn’t share the stadium until after WWII having previously played in the Stadio Arena - the oldest surviving stadium at the time to have staged top class football. The capacity was increased to 50,000 in the mid-1950s and the stadium has received several makeovers since then.

In 1980 the stadium also adopted the name Giuseppe Meazza after the Inter legend who died in 1979. The most dramatic changes came in advance of the 1990 World Cup with a third tier added. The stadium is also occasional home to rock concerts.

From the Linate airport San Siro can be reached by bus, although from Malpensa, which is further out of the city, a taxi is the better option. Both are connected by bus to Milan’s Stazione Centrale. The easiest way to get to the stadium from the centre of Milan is by the city’s metro system, taking the new Line M5 with its San Siro Stadio stop or the old Line M1 exiting at Piazzale Lotto.

There are plans to build a new stadium, but the club already opened Casa Milan in Via Aldo Rossi, which now hosts their official museum, shops and even Cucina Milanello, a bar and restaurant where fans can sometimes dine alongside the players.