NEWS
Friday July 11 2014
ADL urges fans 'not to worry'

Aurelio De Laurentiis has tried to calm fans nerves that Napoli have only signed one player so far this summer.

Despite a whole host of rumours, the Partenopei have only brought in one new addition during the off-season, with Kalidou Koulibaly signing.

But the President has insisted that he is confident some more new names will arrive soon.

“I urge the fans to have confidence in me and not to worry,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“We won the Coppa Italia last year and have sent 16 players to the World Cup – so we’re starting with a nice head-start.

“To me that says that our work in the past has been a success.

“Of course I have a vision of who will come in, but we also have to look at clubs coming in for our players. We need to intervene in that.

“But I’d tell our supporters to be calm, because I am.

“I can say that we have a contract drawn up with someone, but I can’t say who it is just yet.

“I’d like two more new faces, but we’ll see.”

The club chief then reiterated that Gonzalo Higuain is not for sale – and neither is Jose Maria Callejon.

“Higuain has certain morals. He is a polite guy and I’ve never had any problems with him.

“But I’m sorry – do you not think a guy that has distributed hundreds of movies knows how to draw up a contract?

“A year ago, when he signed with us, we agreed on a release clause of €100m.

“Callejon? We have no intention of selling him either!”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES