NEWS
Wednesday February 19 2014
Ogbonna: Defence improving

Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna says his side have improved defensively from earlier in the season following a change of formation.

The Old Lady have regularly been operating with a three man defence this season and the 25-year-old believes his team have now successfully made the transition.  

“I think that with the passing of time we have got used to that way of playing,” Ogbonna said at the pre-match Press conference ahead of his side’s Europa League tie with Trabzonspor.

“This is thanks to the continuity of playing this way and thanks to the coaching. I think things are more fluid now.”

The Azzurri defender also stated his team’s intention to take the Europa League seriously, with the final set to take place at Juventus Stadium.

“We are very concentrated, but not just for this competition.

“We went out of the Champions League but even then we were concentrated for every match.

“We will not disrespect the Europa League, we will play to the best of our abilities and look to do everything until the end.

“Our intention is to progress, we know there are a lot of games but we know the most important thing is to get a positive result.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES