Beppe Marotta says that there is no issue with Claudio Marchisio, the club do not want to sell Paul Pogba, and he has commented on Domenico Berardi.
Marchisio has notably dropped out of Juventus’ first-team line-up in recent weeks, whilst yesterday’s effort from the bench was the midfielder’s first goal of the season for the Bianconeri.
Whilst Manchester United boss David Moyes was in the stands to see that first hand on Sunday, Juve’s director general has backed Marchisio to stay put.
“There is no problem,” Marotta has made clear today on Radio 1.
“Claudio is one of the few guys, along with Paolo De Ceglie, to have worn the Juventus shirt through every level of the youth sector.
“He has worn this shirt since he was eight years old and he loves these colours. Over the season there are many commitments and every player experiences periods of fewer minutes, but all is normal.
“I know him well and I can say with certainty that there is no case. The example is precisely the embrace between Claudio and Conte.”
Speculation has also surrounding Paul Pogba’s position at the club, with Paris Saint-Germain continually linked with a bumper summer move.
“Juventus in its history has always bought many and sold few when talking about champions. From our point of view, we do not want to sell Pogba and so far we have closed the door to any possible buyer.
“Our aim is to consolidate the group, we do not want to sell him, but certain assessments must be made later.”
Marotta, who also listed his hope of seeing Coach Antonio Conte become Juve’s version of Sir Alex Ferguson, was inevitably asked about Sassuolo’s Domenico Berardi, who scored four times yesterday against Milan and is co-owned by the Bianconeri.
“The boy is co-owned with Sassuolo and relations are excellent, whilst I am convinced that we will continue this collaboration.
“At the moment I do not know if Berardi will be part of the Juventus squad for next season.
“He is only 19 and a move to Juventus is something that is very heavy for everyone. It is fetched to say that the player will be with us next year, we will talk in the next few months.”
Andrea Pirlo is widely believed to be on the verge of agreeing to a two-year contract extension with the Old Lady.
“I told him last week that this is his natural habitat. We talked and in February we will find a solution to continue together.
“His will is clear, there is optimism and little to reach before an agreement.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!