NEWS
Saturday December 21 2013
Cellino: 'Nainggolan must go'

Radja Nainggolan said he hasn’t received firm offers, but Cagliari President Massimo Cellino warned “he has to go now.”

The midfielder has so far resisted all bids despite interest from the likes of Inter, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Fiorentina and overseas at Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United.

“You journalists are the ones who talk about the transfer market, not me,” the Belgian international told Sky Sport Italia after tonight’s 1-1 draw with Napoli.

“I haven’t received any offers and I am happy to play here at Cagliari.”

However, President Cellino spoke to the media after the game and painted a very different picture, apparently irritated by the fact the Stadio Sant’Elia still allows only 5,000 fans due to restructuring work.

“Nainggolan will definitely go. Not even in January, he can go tomorrow,” snapped the patron.

“He has six or seven clubs looking for him and I can’t keep hold of him again. It’s not an issue of money, as even if they give me less than his price-tag, he’ll still go. If he doesn’t want to go, I’ll send him away.

“We play in a stadium worthy of Serie C, the players had to travel all around Italy for two years because we weren’t allowed a home stadium. I can’t keep anyone in these conditions.

“From tomorrow anyone who wants to leave Cagliari is free to do so. Those who remain do so only if they want to and that’s their problem. I wouldn’t stay in this situation.

“Does that apply to Davide Astori too? It applies to everyone, I don’t rule anybody out.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES