Juventus director general Beppe Marotta says the club will tighten their grip on Paul Pogba, while he’s delighted with the outfit’s Golden Ball nominations.
The French youngster, still just 20, has been linked with a possible move away from Turin after a recent admission from President Andrea Agnelli.
“Pogba is happy at Juventus and he has no intention of leaving,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.
“We will soon meet with the Frenchman’s agents to extend our agreement and, at the same time, give him a pay rise for the growth he has shown.”
Pogba, who is in his second Turin campaign, is currently committed to the Old Lady until 2016.
“If a huge offer arrived for Pogba then I don’t think, right now, we would be strong enough to resist it,” Agnelli told reporters earlier this month.
“If I was to judge it from a footballers' point of view, Italy is no longer the final destination but a transit destination.
“I am trying to think what will be of us in two or three years' time if we get a massive offer for one of the best talents we have today in Pogba.”
Meanwhile, on Tuesday, it was confirmed that Andrea Pirlo and Antonio Conte were on the Ballon d’Or shortlists for Player and Coach of the Year.
“We are proud,” Marotta added. “We re-launched Pirlo and that fills us with joy.
“As for Antonio, he is a young Coach, an emerging one and the fact he is included is a motive of honour for all of us.
“The omission of Arturo Vidal? The only player nomination from Serie A is our playmaker, so this shows the selection was very rigid.”
Check out OLBG.com's list of ££ Free Bets from UK bookmakers before placing your bets!