NEWS
Tuesday June 18 2013
Santos: 'Robinho too expensive'

Santos have put their Robinho move in doubt by warning “the figures Milan and the player told us are very high.”

The striker has been in negotiations with his former club, on and off, for over a year after declaring he was homesick.

It had been widely reported that a deal was ready to be done worth €7m, but that now seems to be up in the air due to Robinho’s personal demands.

“We spoke to a person who represents both Robinho and Milan. The figures they told us are very high,” Santos Vice-President Odilio Rodrigues told Globoesporte.com.

“The conversation was on the telephone, so we asked for official confirmation if these figures were accurate and we are waiting.”

It seems that Santos are not prepared to raise their offer above €6m, while the Rossoneri still want at least €9m for the 29-year-old.

Robinho’s contract expires in June 2014.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES