NEWS
Tuesday February 12 2013
Lodi didn’t want January exit

Francesco Lodi says he has no regrets about not joining an Italian giant during the January transfer window. “I’m happy at Catania.”

The playmaker was targeted by both Milan and Inter last month, but President Antonino Pulvirenti refused to entertain offers.

“Perhaps something is not clear,” the former Udinese man told La Sicilia. “I have never wanted to leave this club.

“And I certainly wasn’t disappointed to still be wearing the Catania shirt when the January transfer window shut.

“I have a perfect understanding with the President. We only need to look at each other, say just one word…

“After all, it is no coincidence that we extended my contract at Catania earlier on this season. Now it is up to me to prove I’m worth it.”

The central midfielder, now 28, has scored four goals in 21 League games for the Stadio Massimino outfit this term.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES