NEWS
Monday February 4 2013
Galliani welcomes back ‘real Milan’

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has underlined the significance of Mario Balotelli’s capture. “We are back.”

The San Siro giants signed the striker from Manchester City last week and he marked his debut with a brace against Udinese on Sunday.

“We knew that we had signed an immense player,” Galliani told Milan Channel. “Everyone knows that. Balotelli is a great.

“Our first choice attacking trident has a combined age of 60. There will be little to do for us in attack in the future.

“A few days ago a director from a top European club phoned me and said he was happy to see this Milan again. The arrival of Balotelli has given the perception that the real Milan has returned.

“We don't have Lionel Messi, but we have Balotelli. This attack reminds me of Barcelona and we will see the benefit in terms of sponsors because he is only 22 and he has great potential.”

The Diavolo had a problematic start to the season following some high profile departures, but they looked to correct a number of issues last month.

“I had never taken part in such an intense January transfer session,” Galliani added.

“We sold eight players and brought in four. We did a lot and it seems as if we made the right choices. I’m very satisfied.

“We’ve changed the skin of Milan. We’ve understood that an era has come to an end. This is year one of a Milan which will do well.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES