NEWS
Thursday January 17 2013
Cannavaro and Grava 'in tears'

Agent Gaetano Fedele revealed Paolo Cannavaro and Gianluca Grava “burst into tears” when told their six-month bans had been wiped out on appeal.

The two players have been out of action for a month since they were found guilty of failing to alert authorities to a potential fix.

They always denied the charges and today the Federal Court of Appeal exonerated them, also revoking a two-point penalty for Napoli.

“It was a tough and deserved victory,” agent Fedele told Radio Goal. “It was a victory for Gianluca, for Paolo, the lawyers, for Napoli, the fans and for us. Justice has triumphed.

“There is a euphoric atmosphere and we are all very moved. To say we all burst into tears is an understatement.

“It was a very moving phone call with Paolo and Gianluca. We now hope that all this can contribute to giving the season meaning.

“This victory represents the Scudetto of honesty and transparency. We thank everyone.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES