NEWS
Saturday November 24 2012
Ancelotti: 'PSG don't need Pato'

Carlo Ancelotti had a €35m deal for Alexandre Pato last season, but hints the unhappy Milan striker is no longer required by PSG and opens the door to Daniele De Rossi.

Pato stunned fans when he announced after the 3-1 Champions League win over Anderlecht that he wanted more playing time and would “talk to my agent” about his options.

The initial reports have linked the 23-year-old with Manchester City in an audacious exchange with Mario Balotelli, while Corinthians are the Brazilian side most eager to take him on loan in January.

Pato had already agreed a €35m move to PSG in January, but pulled out at the last minute – a decision Milan now appear to regret after President Silvio Berlusconi referred to him as “a problem.”

Paris Saint-Germain Coach Ancelotti has now shot down suggestions they will renew their offer for The Duck.

“It’s true he has the profile of the support striker PSG are looking for and he is a fantastic player, but we cannot but everyone in the world,” Ancelotti told SportMediaset.

“We have so many forwards already, like Jeremy Menez, Pocho Lavezzi and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.”

Ancelotti also commented on unsettled Roma midfielder De Rossi, who is a confirmed target for the Parisians.

“De Rossi is a great player, plus he would be eligible for the Champions League,” said the Coach.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES