NEWS
Saturday July 28 2012
Palombo turns down Rubin Kazan

Sampdoria midfielder Angelo Palombo has turned down an offer to join Rubin Kazan, confirmed the club.

The former Italian international spent last season on loan at Inter and has been heavily linked with Juventus, but so far it seems has only received a firm proposal from Russia.

According to the Secolo XIX newspaper, Palombo has rejected wages worth €3.2m put forward by Rubin Kazan.

“Yes, I can confirm these negotiations existed and that the player turned down the proposal,” said director of sport Pasquale Sensibile.

Palombo has been told he has no place at Samp this season under new Coach Ciro Ferrara.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES