NEWS
Thursday June 28 2012
No Inter bid for Gomez

Despite strong links to the San Siro side this summer, Alejandro Gomez has not had an offer come in from Inter, says current club Catania.

The Argentine winger impressed last season for the Sicilians and has subsequently been linked with a departure this transfer window.

Inter have been linked with the 24-year-old, who is valued at €6m, whilst the player’s agent has also hinted that the Nerazzurri are one of three interested parties.

However, his current employers Catania have yet to be contacted with a proposal, according to sporting director Sergio Gasparin.

“I can confirm that, with honesty, as I said last week - a genuine and concrete bid for Gomez has yet to be received,” the Elefanti’s new ds told La Sicilia today.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES